This is a combinator effect patch, design to speed up your workflow and save you time - especially when enhancing an instrument track, or simply making it fit better within your mix. This device is one part Utility and one part Mix Assistant, and comes with all the tools needed to get (almost) any job done.
- Control or enhance your stereo image - by using a stereo widener (similar to that found in Polyverse's Wider VST), with an option to instead implement the Haas effect. You also have quick access to an Autopanner.
- Control the dynamics - with one knob controls for a Compression, Smashing, Transient Shaping as well as Auto Pumping (sidechaining effect).
- Add harmonics - with a smooth multi mode saturator
- Get more headroom - with the built in hard clipper (soft clip switch is available)
- Quickly action basic EQ decisions - by using the included High Pass, Low Pass and two parametric EQs.
- Perform quick common actions and test your sounds - with all the available utility parameters, include Mid/Side mixer, Gain, Pan, Mono Switch, Left/Right Channel Switch, Phase Invert, Mute and Low Frequency Mono control (with Listen).
After a lot of testing and refinement, I can say that this patch has certainly increased my performance and decision making within the creative production and mixing stage.
Requirements: Reason 12 or higher
Download for free - or buy me coffee :)
Pro Utility and Mix Assistant.cmb